Forgotten Coast Tour
Join us on this six-day, five night cycling adventure along the sun-dappled emerald coast that time forgot. Your trek will begin in historic Port St. Joe, not far from the stunning white sand beaches of Cape San Blas. You will spend two nights in the century-old fully restored Gibson Inn, located in the heart of America’s oyster capital, Apalachicola. On the layover day there you will cross two miles-long bridges to enjoy a beach excursion amid the wild dunes of St. George Island. You will experience a jungle river cruise on a crystal clear, spring-fed river at Wakulla State Park and spend two nights in the park’s graciously-appointed, Gadsby-era lodge. From there you will cycle the vast expanse of the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge to an historic lighthouse perched on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico. You will visit charming seaside towns, enjoy miles of uninterrupted Gulf views and experience the culture and culinary arts of a little known stretch of Florida that has well and truly earned its name: The Forgotten Coast.
Port St. Joe, Apalachicola, Wakulla Springs, Tallahassee
6 days/5 nights – $1,795 (supplement + $450)
- SAG Support
- Luggage Transportation
- Sweep Rider
- Cue Sheets and Maps
- Luggage Transportation
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Hotel Accommodations
- Friendly Laughter and Fun
- Free Event Tshirt
- Airport shuttle
- Pick up and drop off of rental bikes (contact Joy for more information on recommended bike rental shops)
- GPS-enabled Garmin Edge bicycle computers to use for navigation (must be returned at end of tour)
Contact Joy for more information: (352) 224-8601 or send an email.
At the conclusion of each day’s adventure we have Happy Hour at our hotel. This is your place to relax and reflect with your fellow riders about the day’s ride over complimentary snacks and adult beverages.
Each Happy Hour includes:
- Complimentary snacks. Prior to the tour you will be asked to provide requests for your favorite foods according to your dietary preferences.
- Complimentary beverages, beer, wine, and spirits. We will happily provide any beverage or alcohol that you specifically request.
- Assorted craft beer from our official beer sponsor Florida Avenue.
Groups of 4 or more get significant discounts. Contact Joy for more information: (352) 224-8601 or send an email.
Friend-Get-Friend Referral Program:
Here’s how it works:
1. Register for one of our small group tours.
2. Look for the “Friend-Get-Friend” section on your confirmation page, and find the custom web link (url) listed there.
3. Send YOUR link to friends and family. For each person that signs up using YOUR code, YOU receive an automatic refund of $50 back onto the credit card you used to register. There is no limit to the amount of referral refunds you can receive. One friend gets you $50, 4 friends get you $200, and so on.
All routes, itinerary, lodging, and food subject to change.
FORGOTTEN COAST TOUR (ALL ROUTES)
2017 date TBA
The average ride is approximately 30 miles a day. *Note, that these routes may undergo minor changes, but will remain basically the same.
The average ride is approximately 30 miles a day.
Monday and Tuesday Hotel Gibson Inn
Wednesday and Thursday Hotel – Wakulla Springs Lodge
SUNDAY – Dinner: Sunset Coastal Grill
MONDAY – Dinner: The Owl Cafe
TUESDAY – Dinner: Tamara’s Cafe
WEDNESDAY – Dinner: Edward Ball Dining Room (Wakulla Lodge)
THURSDAY – Dinner:The Edison Tallahassee
Custom Event jersey available for purchase during registration.
Thank you to Florida Avenue Brewing Co. for providing the beer for our tour!
Each night we’ll have an awesome HAPPY HOUR with free beer provided by