2013 St Johns River to Sea Tour
Nov 10th - 16th 2013
The St. Johns River-to-Sea (SJR2C) November Loop Tour is a fully supported, 7 day, 6 night bicycle tour that starts in St. Augustine, FL on November 10th and travels down the Florida coast to New Smyrna Beach before returning to St. Augustine via Deland and the St. John’s River (map). Each day covers 40-60 miles of riding on back roads and off-road paved trails. Accommodations will be double occupancy in 3 star hotels. Single Supplement is available. Each tour is limited to 20 participants.
Not your typical ride, eat, sleep, repeat bike tour:
- Short Riding Days - 40 to 50 miles - allows for leisurely mornings and plenty of time to stop along the way and enjoy each community we visit
- Spend each night in quality hotels, no campgrounds or high school gymnasiums
- Group dinners at nice restaurants each evening, no cafeteria food
- Small Group allows for more personal attention and support from tour staff
- A route specifically designed for enjoying at a leisurely pace
Included in the tour package:
- Route Maps, Cue Sheets and GPS tracks
- Luggage Transport and SAG Support
- Breakfast Each Morning, Snacks for the Road and Dinner each evening
- Accommodations in 3 star hotels and above
- Souvenir T-Shirt
Registration is open and limited to 20 riders. Register before August 30th and receive $250 on the registration fee.
The St Johns River to Sea Loop explores the rural communities of the St Johns River Area and the East Florida Coast. The route starts in St Augustine, the oldest city in the USA, and travels south through the charming beach communities of Flagler and New Smyrna. A layover day in New Smyrna gives rider the chance to explore the Dunes National Park, the National Seashore and Merritt Island (home to the Kennedy Space Center).
A quick shuttle at the end of the layover day will bring riders to Deland Florida and a whole different kind of Florida geography and culture. From here we will enjoy the fabulous Ponce De Leon Springs (and their fabulous pancake breakfast), visit the sleepy lakeside community of Crescent City and spend the night on the historic St Johns River in Welaka. We’ll go searching for manatees and visit hidden springs by pontoon boat on the river before we cycle to Palatka and and back to historic St, Augustine.